Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Marisol's Birthday

Marisol turned 8 this year. Wow, where did the time go? All she wanted for her birthday was a basketball hoop! We found one for her, but had to blind fold her because I didn't have that much wrapping paper. She was excited to see she actually got one. She loves it! She really has a talent for basketball and I am excited to see grow in her favorite sport.
We went out to eat as a family on Saturday (July 2) to Texas Road House. Marisol picked it because of the free and all you can eat peanuts (an other favorite of hers). Then on Sunday we did presents and had family over for cake and ice cream. Marisol decided that she wanted a number eight cake, because 8 is great! I tried and it turned out ok. She loved it though, so that is all it matters! Monday we headed to my parents for banana cream pie and ice cream. See my mom had knee surgery again and was not able to travel up to our house for Marisol's birthday. I thought it was great to have one on one time with both sides of the family so it worked out perfect.
Then that night we headed to the REAL soccer game to celebrate the 4th of July. What a great game we attended! Jason Kries (who is now the head coach) was the first REAL soccer player to be signed on and they retired his number after the game before the fireworks. We enjoyed a pleasant evening full of good food, a great game, and fireworks!Riding the saddle at Texas Road House
Wondering what was going on
The cake
Playing with her new hoop

2 comments:

the Kates said...

happy birhtday marisol!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I love all the pics! My kids will be thrilled about the hoop and beg me to take them to your house immediately when they see this pic! :)