Yesterday was Marisol's baptism. What a wonderful day it was! We are so proud of her decision to be baptized and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She was the only one that day because she missed the stake baptism day by one day. It was special just being our family. My dad gave a talk on baptism and got my water works running. He spoke about the important dates so far in her life. First being when Eric met her and they bonded, then when I met her and we started paperwork for adoption (with Omar as well), next being in Jaurez, Mexico when the adoption became final, next our sealing day in the temple making us an eternal family, and last (so far) her baptism day. She was then baptized by Eric. Eric's mom gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and how Marisol can use that gift in her life. She was then confirmed by Eric, grandpas, and uncles. After, we all congregated at our house for ice cream sundaes. It was a wonderful day! Clarissa came to take pictures and I will share them later. Here are a few we took before the baptism.
Marisol with her dad
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Got the chills reading that! You really do have some special kids!
love those kids of yours- and you dutson parental units! Can't wait for some hangage in a few weeks!
She is such a pretty girl! I love seeing girls in their white dresses when they get baptized.
She looks beautiful! And so happy! I'm so sorry, I wish we could have been there but there was just too much going on and not enough time in the day! Love you!
Those two are so, so, so stinkin' cute!! Is that the same dress she was sealed in? Oh, I wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment