My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. Why? When I see the flag, I have an overwhelming feeling of respect, love, and gratitude to those who fought for our country both past and present and future. I have always been patriotic. I have always loved seeing the flag waving in the sky, love hearing the patriotic songs, love watching the fireworks, and felt proud of our nation. Being free to do the many things in my life that I take for granted makes this nation special. I love American History and studying the events in history that led us where we are today. I choke up when I see soldiers at the airport wondering if they are coming or going, wondering if they are risking their lives for me, if they will see their families again. To celebrate the 4th of July with flags, yummy food, family, friends and fireworks is a way for me to stop and thank those who fight for me so I can enjoy my freedoms where I want, when I want! So thank you to those who serve and God Bless!
Our 4th of July weekend started off with the Freedom Fire at USU on Friday, July 1st. I love fireworks and wanted to be in the stadium this year. Eric's parents were going because of Diamond Rio so we thought we would tag along! We had them over for a yummy BBQ before we headed to the stadium. I attempted a layered JELL-O (Katie you would be so proud) and found it to be easy, just time consuming and in need of a bigger Pyrex dish. After dinner, we packed out things and headed to USU. We had pretty good seats, but had to endure the hot sun for a couple hours. The entertainment in the stadium this year was great! There were dancers, singers, many flags, Diamond Rio (who is country btw) and a fantastic firework show!



3 comments:
How fun! And just so you know, your firework pics turned out much better than our's! Lol!
I love the 4th too!! Way to go on the layered jello, I still have yet to attempt one. I miss the fireworks up at USU, they were always so great.How did eric like Diamond Rio? Jeff would be so proud that he went to a country music show.
Have fun in Ohio!
Post a Comment