I was a papergirl in California when I was 9. It was the best job! I got to be outside and ride my bike while throwing objects at people's doors. Older couples would give me treats when I would collect their bills and Christmas gifts too! It was an evening paper so I could deliver when I got home from school. But Holiday papers were early papers. I remember Christmas mornings we (my family and I ) would get up early and all fold papers together and my dad would drive us around to deliver. We had to do the papers before we could see and open Christmas. Hard life!
Other jobs I have had since then were:
Babysitter
Fred Meyer-bagger
Movie Theaters (I worked at the "new" Movies 5 when it opened)
Grist Mill-all through college (My favorite job!)
Creative Communications-I judged children poems and was the mail girl
Harold Journal-in customer service (Worst job ever!)
Substitute Teacher
And now-2nd Grade Teacher going on 6 years!

2 comments:
What a delightful, pretty Paper Girl!
Accuracy too ! Looks like the 'Teaching Job' has prevailed, and what a wonderful Teacher you now are!
I totally forgot about the HJ job. And I thought that I was the only one in the family with the high aspirations of becoming a truck driver. :-)
Post a Comment