Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nephews' Sleepover


We had Ethan and Kile over for the long awaited sleepover Friday night. The first thing they wanted to do when they arrived was play Mario Cart. They love that game. We played until 10 pm. (Sorry Anna and Phil, I hope they weren't to babd the next day). Then we tucked them into bed, said prayers and the lights went out. They did really well. I was nervous because I was not sure how they would do sleeping in a different house, room or bed would go. But they fell asleep very quickly and slept until 7:30-8:00am.

In the morning, Eric got up to shovel the driveway (first of many that day) and Ethan heard the scraping outside. He got up and came to ask me what the noise was. I told him Eric was outside and he asked to play Mario Cart. I told him it was too early and we needed to wait for Eric and Kile. So I showed him so things on the computer, played the Elf Yourself I did of Eric, me and the kids and we looked at pictures of Marisol and Omar. Eric came back in and Ethan talked him in to playing Mario Cart. THey went downstairs so I jumped on computer to check email ect waiting for Kile to wake up.

When Kile got up, he headed downstairs to play and I started breakfast. What do you feed kids that aren't big eaters? I found some yummy raspberry pancake mix and hot chocolate and eggs. I whipped up breakfast and called the boys upstairs. We all ate and laughed and had a great time. After breakfast, we played games and played around until Phil and Anna came at 10 am to get the boys. We had a great sleepover!
After the boys left, we packed on the snow gear again and headed out to shovel the driveway for the second time. The snow never quit yesterday. We planned on going to town to do some shopping and have a date, but we stayed in waiting for the snow to lighten up. Apparently in Nibley, they don't plow the streets. Our road piled high with snow. We stayed in most of the day and watched movies and ate yummy food and relaxed. I really needed it! We finished off season one of The Big BangTheory-funny stuff, shoveled again, watched Scrubs, shoveled, ate lunch, shoveled and then tried to decide what to do for the evening. We opted to stay in as the roads still weren't cleared yet. So at 8:30pm we ate dinner and then shoveled one last time. At this point, a plow finally came by. It buried our driveway entrance and mailbox accessibility. So we unearthed them and took some pictures and what do you know, it was still snowing. We woke up this morning to what? More snow! Here's to another day of shoveling ourselves out!

1 comment:

Anna Dutson said...

So fun! Thanks for having them sleep over!