Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School Night



I had my Back to School Night tonight. I always get nervous (and I never get nervous) at Back to School Night. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I am responsible for 23 lovely young minds for the next 180 school days and their parents just stare at me as I talk about the mounds of papers going home that need to be read and signed and brought back. But I do love Back to School Night because I get to see past students. Several stop by to say high and give me hugs. If you ever need daily hugs, second graders are great at them! I love the feel of a brand new year where anything is possible and students adore their teachers. I am however now locked into long work weeks and longing for weekends. Here's to a new school year, a new class and the thing I love the most... my job!

7 comments:

m@R(! said...

i bet you are the best teacher ever! oh and congrats on getting an offer on your condo..you new house looks cute.

Mel said...

Brynn, It was so fun to see you! Today Mischa told me that last year she wasn't nervous because she 'knew Mrs. Dutson better than any other teacher', but this year she is a little nervous. The house looks great and I'm glad that you will be moving here soon!

Tiff Rudd said...

FUN! I always got nervous too, but a new school year is always fun! Good luck! I hope you have a fantastic class! And, CONGRATS on the condo sale! I hope everything goes through no problem this time!

Emma Dutson said...

For sure, first days are somethin' else'Bet your new students will adore you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the sale of your condo to 'go through okay' this time!

nate_clarlaw said...

I love your positive attitude Brynners, you really do inspire me! I know you'll make this year as great as the rest - those kids are so lucky to have you for a teacher!!

Heather said...

Our family will forever be grateful that you are a teacher! Ellie already love you. I feel lucky to be your co-worker and friend!! Enjoy your first weekend of the school year.

Anonymous said...

Jarred was so excited that he got to see you on back to school night. I asked him if he saw you on the first day of school and he said no. Reagan said, "I see her all the time." Jarred did not think this was fair and wants to go back to second grade.............