Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pepperidge Farm, Preston and snow

 What a beautifulday!
 KS getting ready for this year's Holiday Card
 Playing around
 An action shot
 Eric striking a pose
 At the bottom of the "hill"
 Look how the snow is wrapping around the tree trunk!
 Beautiful
 Breath taking
 A little piece of heaven!
What do Pepperidge Farm, Preston and snow have in common?  A Saturday filled of snowshoeing adventure!  Eric and I have been wanting to go snowshoeing for a very long time now.  But it always seems that we act to late.  So this time when the thought came to me, I jumped (or made Eric) jump on the idea right away.  Eric has a good friend from his program named Kellan; and Kellan is married to Shelley who I have gotten to know.  So we girls decided that yesterday was a great day to go snowshoeing.  Kellan and Shelley (KS for short) picked us up at about 10:15 am yesterday.  KS knew of a great spot to go snowshoeing, so off to Preston we headed.  We were just a couple miles away from Pepperidge Farms when I voiced stopping to get snacks.  It then came to my attention that Eric forgot his wallet but did bring our Subway card.  But being the nice folks KS are, they stopped anyway.  We got wheat goldfish, orange milanos and they got some flavored goldfish then were on the road again.  We traveled another 20 minutes or so and pulled off the side of the road to a spot we thought would be great snow adventure.  We geared up and off we went.  It was so nice to be out of the inversion and yucky air.  It was sunny and quite warm.  We snowshoed for about 1 1/2 before heading back for the car.  The snow was awesome!  It had a crystal like coating that was soft and sparkly and made the coolest sound walking through it.  We all shed some layers and were very pleased for warmth.  (Seeing as the last time Eric and I went snowshoeing we went in -15 degree weather.)  We all got some sun on our wintery faces and got a great workout tromping through the snow.  And oh yes, of course I brought my camera.
 

2 comments:

Emma Dutson said...

Oh, you two, or rather, foursome--what fun you had. Brynn, liked the nature story of deer, birds and all! Also, the crunchy, sparkley snow at Pepperidge! What fun! Do it every time you get. Life is too short to pass by all the beautiful nature and scenes we have here in Cache Valley!

Brooke said...

How come I didn't get a call asking what cookies we wanted??