Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh Deer!


I just love living in a city that seeing deer in your backyard or neighborhood is a common occurrence!  I was walking Hailey after church today (Eric needed to stray to help do tithing) and I happened to glance in an open field to see 5 or 6 deer.  My first thought was,"Oh deer."  Then I had to stop and say, "Oh, look, deer!"  I stood and admired the group of deer while Hailey happily sniffed the snow.  Three of the deer looked up and saw me looking at them.  We were probably thinking the same thing, "am I safe?"  I wandered what would happen if Hailey got defensive and the deer attacked?  I thought that was a silly to worry about and proceeded with our walk.  As we were coming about the same way, I noticed the deer were still there and I also noticed pheasants, birds and a black cat all hanging our in the same field.  Isn't nature amazing?


3 comments:

Duane D said...

Wow! That's Cool!
I'm surprised that they are down this far this time of year, but I guess they need/want food too...

:-)

Stephanie said...

We always thought it was neat to see deer in the city or near the city.

Tiff Rudd said...

Fun stuff! It was so fun to see your Christmas pictures! Looks like it was a fantastic one! Your kids are getting so big!! Also, the snow looks amazing...I am really missing that this year!! Looks cold, but fun and beautiful!!