Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thanks for all the fun!


So I have the best two families ever! I am about to embark on the ripe age of 28 and am really looking forward to it-no lie! I have been celebrating all weekend thanks to my in-laws and my family. On Friday we went to the mom and dad dutson's house for a delicious meal with the best ice cream cake ever (thanks Pam), then we attempted to play Trivial Pursuit 80's. I guess I am not as old as I think. I was only able to answer one question correct thanks to Emilio Estevez. Then on Saturday my parents and brother Chris and little sister Brooke with hubby Drue and daughter Karlee came up and we went out to eat lunch together. We went to Cafe Sabor-love it! My brother got me a golf umbrella for walking the dog. I hate getting wet when I have an umbrella so I told him I wanted a big one! It's awesome and now instead of having 4 students under my small one at school at least 12 can fit, lucky me! But the celebrating doesn't stop there! On Monday we are having a PJ day because my students earned a Read Athon in the morning. Going to school in my PJs on my birthday, does it get more perfect than that? Indeed it does, Eric is taking me out to eat, my choice, Monday night. How about Taco Bell? Just kidding, I am thinking Iggys. Any suggestions? Eric also went shopping on Friday and I have three enticing gifts and a card awaiting my hands to tear open the wrapping. What fun it is to have a day all about me!
In all fun, I do have the best families in the world! Thanks for sharing it with me and making me feel special and loved!

4 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

My vote is for Iggy's too, of course I've never eaten there, but Phil once brought me leftovers and they were good!

Sounds like you've had a fun birthday weekend!

Ralphie said...

Happy Birthday Brynn! You are much braver than I was. I cried when I turned 28, it was like I was kissing my early 20's goodbye and jumping up on the wagon with the old people who are almost 30.

Have a wonderful Pajama filled day!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Brynn! I'm glad you've had such a fun ongoing birthday party :) John turns 28 this month too, and I'm pretty sure I'll do everything I can to give him a hard time about it! Oh and I recommend Hamilton's for dinner- that's where I'd go if we were in Cache Valley!

dayna said...

hi brynn--saw your link on nell's blog and i had to say hi. your family is truly beautiful! so fun to see the pictures.--dayna conger young