Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Friday, February 22, 2008

Moms and Muffins!


This year at Nibley Elementary we have decided to implement Moms for Muffins and Dads for Donuts. These two programs invite moms and dads to come to school with their student and read with them for an hour on a scheduled day. Today was the 2nd grades turn to have Moms for Muffins. I was pleasantly surprised at the turn out I had with my mothers. I have 22 students in my class and 12 mothers showed up to read with their student. I love to see the support from parents and I know my students loved having their moms come to read with them. Hurray for Moms everywhere-especially in the land of Nibley.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

What a fun idea! I'm glad there were soooo many moms that decided to participate and support their child! PLUS those kids have a killer teacher who genuinely cares about them! :)