Today it snowed! I am so happy that it finally snowed. It hasn't quite felt like the holidays yet without snow. It was nice to see an inch of snow fall to the ground and cover everything in a blanket of white. Everything looks new and clean right after a snow fall. My kids (students) had a good time watching the snow fall out the window. They were really good to inform me when the snow stopped falling.
On a different note, today I started my "Christmas Around the World" unit. We talked about passports. I brought mine to show them and then they "applied" for their own passport for the Holiday Express. Tomorrow we are "visiting" Mexico. Our first stop of 7 countries. After we visit all our designated countries, we learn about Hanukka and Kwanzaa. We play the dreidel game and make Mkeka mats and learn about the different cultures and customs. This is my favorite part of the year. Then in early February we make sure to celebrate Chinese New Year .
I just love studying different cultures and their traditions. It is so fun to see my students get excited about learning. I love to hear them talk about things they have learned through our very cultural unit. So here's to a fun filled holiday season!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You made me really miss snow and teaching!! They say it usually snows once here each winter and usually less than an inch. I loved Cache Valley after a big snow fall! You are such a great teacher - keep it up! Tiff
Brynn! It's Kate! I totally just stumbled across your blog! Anyway, congrats on the adoption and I hope you guys are doing well!
hey dutsons..its the Jon and Marci Allen...we love your blog...you guys rock!
Post a Comment