Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of Second Grade

In new clothes holding their back to school gifts for their teachers
Miss Marisol 7 years old
Omar 4months away from 8 years old
Omar and Mr. Bushman
Marisol and Mrs. Tuddenham

Another school year has begun. As much as I begged summer not to end, it did! Well I guess here's to a new school year. Marisol and Omar are in 2nd grade! It's crazy to think they will be turning 8 soon! We met them when they were both 4 years old! Time certainly does fly by.

Marisol has Mrs. Tuddenham and Omar has Mr. Bushman. I debated for a long time about keeping them together, putting them in my class or separating them. I finally decided that since we were doing home school with them all summer, they might want a break from mom during the school year. So we split them up. I feel that that is the best way to go! They both LOVE their teachers already. They came with me over the summer to help set up my classroom and were able to meet their teachers ahead of time. They both love school and can't wait to go every day!

We are at the new school in Nibley. It is called Heritage Elementary. Our mascot will be determined this week. My vote is for the Huskies! That was my class's vote as well. It is a wonderful school with room to grow. It was hard saying good-bye to Nibley Elementary where I started and taught for 6 years. I made wonderful friends and had a great experience. But I am excited to work at Heritage with such a wonderful staff and can see many friendships forming there as well! Here's to a new school year, may it be the best yet!

7 comments:

the Kates said...

They are TOO cute, seriously! So, are you guys Huskies? CK's a unicorn... ha! Miss you guys like crazy!

p.s. what was your back to school gift?

Stephanie said...

Yes, do share the back to school gift. I need some good advice from a teacher since I don't think of things like that but really should.

The kids look so great. I can't believe how much they have grown since the first pictures I saw of them. How fun!

Maren said...

I can't believe that you were at nibley for 6 years! The kids look so cute on their first day!

Eric and Brynn said...

Thanks! The back to school gift was a pencil box filled with band aides, hand sanitizer, gloves and chocolate (for the teacher). It was easy, fun and useful for any teacher!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

They are too cute! I never even thought of doing a back to school gift! Does that make me a bad mom? :/

Nells-Bells said...

they look awesome in their new school clothes! i can totally tell you are a teacher too...sending them to school with a back-to-school gift for their teachers. i wish i would've thought of that... ;)
p.s. my mom always made sure clint and i were never in the same class together. she didn't want us to compete against each other.

Emma Dutson said...

You have made a good decision separating Marisol & Omar. They love their teachers, and vice versa. Yeah,
first day of school in such lovely school clothes. These two lovely children have great Parents !