I grew up in Southern California where it was hot. And as a kid, I was always very active and would sweat. When I would sit or lay in grass, I would break out in a rash. After recess or PE if I sat on my smooth green plastic chair, I would break out in a rash. So I would have to bring a towel to sit on in class or wear pants. How embarrassing! I think I learned to sit on the edge of my seat so I would need a towel or break out. To this day I catch myself sitting on the edge of my seat all the time. I have to remind myself to slide back all the way. Also, my skin has a reaction to metals. My pants' buckles, and belt buckles had to be covered with band-aids so they wouldn't touch my bare skin. Bracelets, watches, necklaces, rings and earrings all had to be sterling silver or 14k gold or higher to not irritate my skin. Lotions high in perfumes, make-up, and perfumes need to be of high quality or they irritate my skin.
In the medical world, I found I can't have penicillin or aspirin. When I was substituting after I graduated from USU, I had my first dose of Strep Throat. I went to the doctor and they gave me a penicillin shot. Half an hour later, I was itchy and covered in red rashes. I went back and they gave me oral medicine instead. I was out of work for a week or two and I got hooked on Dawson's Creek (I'm not ashamed to admit it). I am highly sensitive to aspirin. I get really bad nose bleeds from aspirin. So bad that they last for 2-3 hours. Not fun!
Food: Luckily I have only found one thing that I can't eat. And it really just started a couple years ago. Fresh pineapple! I can eat canned, grilled or cooked pineapple, but not fresh. It makes my throat all itchy and swells a little.
Aren't our bodies amazing and complicated! What are you allergic to?
1 comment:
I absolutely LOVE Dawson's creek. I became addicted when I was in bed sick as well. let's be friends.
Post a Comment