Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve Murder at the Juice Joint

Cindy Butte and P.I. Pinkerton
I know this is not a video, but I wanted to post pictures from New Year's Eve. My good friend Jenice (who I met at Grist Mill over 12 years ago) invited Eric and I to attend a Murder Mystery Dinner with her entire family. It was a 20s theme and way fun! We received our characters and knew shopping was in order. Eric and I went to the DI to find costumes. Eric's character was PI Pinkerton. So Eric bought a pink shirt (shocking I know) to go with his name. I could not find anything for my character Cindy Butt the cigarette/flapper girl, so we headed to 6 Star. I found feathers for my hair, a black feather boa, playing cards to wrap as cigarettes and Eric found a snazy hat. We then headed to JoAnn's to find a pattern for a flapper's dress. Believe it or not, they didn't have one. So I bought material and a similar pattern. I asked Tori (Eric's sister) if she could help me sew the dress. We made it in about 2 hours. Not bad for someone who doesn't sew. Tori had long black gloves and a pearl necklace to complete the outfit. We headed to my parents to have dinner with them and catch up on Christmas before changing and heading to the "Juice Joint" for the evening. There were 19 people there. Everyone was dressed to the T. It was a fun evening full of food, drinks, laughter and murder. Thanks Jenice and the whole Beck family for letting us be a part of your fantastic New Year's Eve!
everyone Jenice and Greg

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Love the costume! It turned out great! Looks like it was a superfun way to ring in the new year!

Emma Dutson said...

Adorable s what I say !!! A great way to bring in the New Year.