Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sorry, But I'm Playing the Adoption Card!



I miss my kids! I feel like I am holding my breath to hear good news. See our final paper work was turned into the Mexican Courts last Tuesday. They will review everything and make sure it is all there, which it is, and grant us sentencing. It sounds scary but it just means that we will be officially done with the Mexican courts. The kids are legally ours when we have sentencing! Yay!! A long awaited day.

Then what? Glad you asked. Then we go down and officially change their birth certificates into their new last name with our names as the parents and start passport papers. Once passports are received we go down to Maneadero and pick Marisol y Omar up, take pictures one last time of the orphanage, kids, workers and town and off to Tijuana (TJ) we go! We fly from TJ to Juraez to go to the American Consulate where we have their passports stamped, final physicals and cross the border into El Paso, TX. From there we fly home, or to Salt Lake and drive the rest of the way.

Sounds simple right? Well this is still Mexico we are dealing with. We would like to think November, but October is still on the table. It seems so close but so far away. That is why I am holding my breath and playing the adoption card to say, "I miss my kids!"

11 comments:

B and J said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well and you can have your kiddo's in your house soon!

Mauri said...

Oh my gosh...this whole process is so heart wrenching! I am so sorry it has taken so long to go through it all. You are so wonderful and patient and I know you can't wait to get those two little angels in your arms and your home!! We will be praying for you. I know you have been so looking forward to the day...Can't wait to hear when you FINALLY get them home and officially into your family. What a wonderful mom you already are and are going to continue to be when you get to do it everyday!! Good luck with this final chapter!

Stephanie said...

I hope everything works out for you and it all goes as planned. I can't wait until you finally get them home and can start living life with them in your home. Good luck!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I'm crossing my fingers and toes and hoping it will be this month! I can't wait for the four of you to finally be able to start your new life together! Love you!

bamatamb said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! I'm hoping and praying that everything will work out soon!! (October, October, October!!!) Good luck!

Emma Dutson said...

OH, sounds so wonderful--like a dream--you'll wake up soon, and it will be TRUE. Such wonderful Parents you are already! My heart leaps for joy, to even think this very long process is really coming to truition. October, October!! But if it is November, that works too. My Prayers are with you always
Love and Happiness for ALL of You .

Heather Zwygart said...

hello you don't know me my name is Heather. I was blog hopping from my frind Denise and cought sight of one of your posts.. I was so inspired by your adoption story and then was scrolling down to notice your post about the canal in logan. My parents live right down the street and were involved in the whole thing. I just find it funny how small the world is. And another funny thing when I went to post a comment one of the other comments was from someone named Mauri! My sister's name is mauri and there are very fe of them!! I don't know if she is the same one but, But I just thought it was interesting!! Good luck with your beautiful family to be!! If you want to e-mail me fill free hlzphoto@gmail

Tiff said...

With good reason! I will be praying and hoping everything goes smoothly! Keep us updated!!

Brooke said...

WahOOO!!! I don't know how you guys have done it! Much more patient than me. Can't wait to have those sweet kids in the family...finally!
Love you

Scott and Em Hoffman said...

Yeah, final stretch, we're praying for October as well. Let us know if we can do anything!

Maren said...

We all are holding our breath. Everyone at work too-they ask all the time what the latest is.