
This past week I have thought a lot about how precious life really is. In last Sunday's Herald Journal, there was an article about a girl who had a skiing accident back in March at Beaver Mountain and didn't live past her crash. As I was reading about her and her memeorial last Saturday at the top of Beaver Mountain, I thought how quickly life can pass you by. I was looking at the photo of the family when I suddenly realized I new them and the girl who died. I know them very well. I lived in the same neighborhood as them growing up, I babysat their children and nannied for them in the summers. I knew this girl well, very well. It took me by surprise that as close I was to the family, and as small as the valley really is, I had to find out through the newspaper months later about the accident. People come in and out of our lives for a reason. At various moments in your life, people are put in your path to help you,connect with you and to be there later on when you need them. I have been thinking a lot about this girl who was once a funny bubbly, red headed 3 year old that I spent so time with, watched grow and then lost touch with.
To her family: my thoughts and prayers are with you! I am sorry I missed your daughters memorial. I wish I could have been there to celebrater her life and memories with you! I think about you often and hope to cross paths with you again some day. I will always have a special place in my heart for the little girl I knew so well.
Love,
Brynn
No comments:
Post a Comment