Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Saturday, October 25, 2008

2 States, 1 Country and 2,000 Miles Later...

SUCCESS!  Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, phone calls, emails, comments and support through our whirl wind of a week.  Eric and I made it home at 1:30 am Friday morning.  We both slept the best we had in a week and it was due to good news and exhaust.  
We met with the Head lady at DIF and for the first hour she was not willing to budge or work with us.  Of course I cried as we tried to explain our situation with the lady.  There were 3 other families in the meeting as well.  Once we got her to understand our situation and she saw our commitment and attachment to our kids, she said that she would allow us to continue on our present course as long as we got an official letter from Home Land Security in Juarez, Mexico stating that we started our progress way before the Hage Convention (the new format for international adoptions) was in place.  Yea!!  More tears filled my eyes with joy and relief when we were told we didn't have to start our process over.  A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and heart.  
We also found out that we have a date for Marisol's first court.  It will be November 14th. Omar's first court was back in April.  Once Marisol has hers, we can apply for both of their second court dates.   We appear at that court date and have to have a character witness with us. This will probably take place in January or February after the holiday season.  Hopefully things will continue to progress and we will have them home in the summer.  The Lord has blessed us with our heart's desires, to have our family with us.  This was a very big challenge of Faith, patience and trust.  We could not have don it without the many prayers in behalf of us.  
Thank you, thank you again.  We are smiling once again with hope in our hearts! 

5 comments:

Krista said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys!!!! I hope it is smooth sailing from here!!!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear it! The pics are great! I never get sick of seeing your cute kiddos!!!

Brandi said...

Eric and Brynn,

I am just so grateful that this is working out for you. When Eric told me the latest I just cried telling my husband what you are going through...on top of graduate school! Praying for you.

Brandi

Andrea said...

YEAH!!!!! Congrats you guys, I am sooooo happy. I will have to go tell Jeremy right now!

Jen said...

Brynn, you guys are so amazing! I am so happy for you. We will keep you in our prayers. There will truly be great blessings for you!!