Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally it's done!

So can you tell a difference?


We finally have enough room to use the leaf in our table!


The new carpet is a darker brown, long twist style.

After the carpet was installed, I played around changing the furniture a bit.

Hailey wouldn't get out of the way, so she got in the picture.
After a LONG day on Monday pulling up the carpet in the family room and stairs, I was pooped! It took a good 7 hours, stairs are a lot harder to pull up carpet then a room. When we pulled up the padding in the family room, we saw the water damage on the sub-flooring. Yeah, it was rotted. Our installer had to pull that up and replace that too. I felt really bad for our installer. He got to our place by noon and left just shy of 7pm. He was by himself, poor fella. I am very pleased with the way it came out and am more excited to just sit tonight in front of the tv. Now I need a weekend!

7 comments:

nate_clarlaw said...

Hey Guys, it looks great! We're excited to help you break it in!!

Victoria said...

It looks AMAZING!!!!! Your home is extra comfy now! :)

Anna Dutson said...

Looks so good! Can't wait to come and see it sometime!

Tiff Rudd said...

What a cute place! Congrats on getting it all done!!!

Denise said...

WOW! It looks amazing! You have good taste and it came together so well!

Chambers Clan said...

How fun. I bet you love it. Good job. We finally got started on our mailbox. After 3 years, you would think it would be done, but that's what I get for thinking!:) I think the longer you wait, the more you appreciate it right??

m@R(! said...

wow! i am impressed...jon and i complain when we decide to paint a room. you guys have skill