
The 70's linoleum-Now you see it...Now you don't!

Be gone nasty carpet!

And down comes the wall... The trusty saw!
Down it came!
What a wonderful site! Feels more like home!

Even the pantry got new floors.Most people when they think of spring break they think of warm sunshine, vacation, sleeping in, the beach or a retreat in the mountains. Sounds nice huh? Now picture hammers, nails, screwdrivers, saws, brooms and drills. Yes this is what I have been up to during my spring break. But it was all worth it!
Eric and I decided to tear up our nasty carpet and install wood flooring. We shopped around and found a fantastic deal at the Home Depot. We purchased but decided to have some one install for us. I am not brave enough to install wood flooring yet. I tore up all the old carpet and 70's linoleum in the kitchen and prepped the floor for the wood. It took me a good 6 hours to remove the carpet, padding, carpet tack board and linoleum. We then moved the stove and fridge into the family room to find the previous owner to be lazier then we thought. When she "repainted" after she moved in, apparently to paint the whole wall behind the fridge was just too much work. Luckily I had time to prime and paint the wall behind the fridge. Next I decided I hated the faux wall (i.e. late 70's Art Deco slated wall) and borrowed my in-laws electric saw and down it went! I love power tools! I am thinking for Mother's Day tools would be awesome!
So after a very long day of work, I decided a shower at 5:30 pm would be good. Friday the installer came at 10:00am. He arrived, set up and got to work. He was fast. He was done in 4.5 hours. He did such an awesome job! We had to wait until Saturday morning to move the fridge, stove and furniture back. Luckily we have the best friends and family in the world to help. Nate was so kind as to stop by on his way to work to help with the fridge. Phil was very willing to help and Grampa Du watched the cute little boys while Phil came over.
I can't believe the difference a new floor makes. Who new the house could look like new by just replacing the carpet. Well as if that wasn't enough, we are replacing the carpet in the family room on Tuesday. So guess what I get to do on my last day of spring break? Are you having visions of more carpet being removed to? Yep-we are having Ogden's Carpet come and installed new carpet on Tuesday afternoon. So now we get to move all the furniture in the family room into the dinning room and kitchen. Poor Hailey dog, she is not liking her space invaded.
6 comments:
WOW! I love the new flooring!
Wow! Brynn, that looks so good. I want more pictures of it!!
that is amazing how much you got done...i love it!
Awesome! It looks fantastic and nothing feels as good as new flooring! As I type, I am dreaming of new carpet! :) Way to go on your productive Spring Break!
Go Brynn. I love power tools too! I think I have used ours more than Dave! I love your floor. Dave has this great idea of having the kids have a sleepover at Grandparents while we stay home and de-junk the house for a couple of days. Too bad we don't have big projects. All the little ones add up though after awhile and they feel like big projects!
Yay! It looks great!
Post a Comment