Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Omar's Birthday

I have a nine year old! Wow, where did the time go? I can't believe Omar has been a part of my life for 5 years now. I am so lucky to have his fun, loving self around. He is always giving me hugs, writing me notes and making me cards, and makes me laugh everyday! Happy Birthday Omar!

Omar turned 9 on December 30th. He requested a Legos cake. I talked with my sister (the cake decorator) and told her my ideas. I was very proud of the way Omar's cake turned out. Maren, my sister, frosted the cake anddid the darling chocolate writing on too! What a fun day it was to celebrate with Omar. I love you dearly!
Omar's special breakfast of eggs and potatoes, apple sauce, a chocolate muffins and milk!
Omar with his presents showing you he is nine!
Omar and Aunt Maren with the finished cake!
Ready to eat!
Grammy Pammy and Grandpa Du came over the night before Omar's Birthday because Grandpa Du had to work the next day. Omar opened a box full of M&M's. What a treat for a chocolate loving boy!

2 comments:

Emma Dutson said...

What a handsome boy Omar is, so full of smiles and happiness. It is so neat for all the loving things he does for his Mom -:)

the Kates said...

Oh my heck! Omar is NINE!!!! Happy Birthday to one great kid! We love you guys and miss you so so so much!!!