Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Sunday, September 18, 2011

O-Hio!, O-Hio!, O-hI-I-I-O! (Part 1)

Yes way back at the beginning of August, we flew out to Columbus Ohio to visit our favorite Gardner family! What an awesome week we had. I am now going to blog about it.

We flew in to Columbus and Katie, CK and Joel met us at the airport. The kids loved flying and changing planes in Denver, but they were ready to be on the ground and have the party start! We drove to German Old Town to have a yummy German dinner at the Schmidt's restaurant. Then we went to the Schmidt's candy store for an after dinner treat. This is where we were first introduced to Buckeyes. They are so yummy! Its a chocolate cup filled with homemade peanut butter! We had to eat them fast because they were melting in the Columbus humidity! That wasn't a problem for me.
The kids together after leaving the airport! What cute munchkins!

Dinner!
German Town

We went to their cute house to sleep. The kids all played downstairs while we played a much needed round of Hand and Foot with some cards I made for them that had our picture on it. Then the kids wanted to sleep in a tent so bad that they set up a tent in the basement. Omar and CK slept in a tent, but Marisol slept on the couch upstairs so it would be dark.
Marisol and CK asleep on the way to the waterfall.


They waterfall was tucked off the highway, wrapped down from a wooden staircase and walkway. It was so peaceful and enchanting.

We made a week plan full of trips, events and fun filled days that night. The next day was a relax full day of the kids playing in the water outside in the back, Katie and I grocey shopping and the going to an awesome hidden waterfall/swimming hole! It was such a refreshing swim in the humid Columbus weather!

The next day we headed to the highly rated Columbus City Zoo. It was the perfect day! Not too hot, not too humid, a breeze here and there and active animals. It was a wonderful, clean zoo! We thought that we might spend a couple hours there, but now 7 hours later we were rushing the last parts to make it before dinner at City Barbeque. The zoo has a water park connected to it and some theme park rides as well. I definitely want to spend a day at the water park next time! It looked awesomely fun!
The Columbus Zoo
Yummy Dinner!
Cute Ck and Marisol
Darling Marisol

4 comments:

the Kates said...

I enjoyed reliving the trip for a moment. It truly was a PERFECT week! So great of you guys to come. We love you!!!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! It's so nice that you could squeeze in one more nice getaway before school started back up! I love seeing all the pics!

Brooke said...

Oh how fun! Wish I was there!

nate_clarlaw said...

So fun, but why would you guys go to the reptile house? Seriously? :)