Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Omar's Birthday

Omar turned 8!
Opening presents
We gave him a fish tank
Eating on the "you are special" plate
Almost ready
The cake
Ready to party
The quilt from aunt Maren
The marshmallow gun from Karlee
Eating at Chilis (Omar's choice)
Dad and Omar

Omar's birthday is 5 days after Christmas. We celebrated by having family over for cake, ice cream, and a pinata. His cousins were excited to come and celebrate with us! Omar asked for a snowman cake. I think it turned out pretty good.

We started the day by Omar getting up and asking to open presents in his room. Then we ate breakfast. He wanted a quesidilla, milk, oranges and vanilla pudding. Omar and I then went and bought the pinata, balloons and and frosting for the snowman cake. When we got home, we make the cake, cleaned the house, frosted the cake and decorated the cake and put out the party stuff.

Family came and we ate yummy cake, opened presents then did the pinata. the kids loved all the candy! Later that night, Omar chose to eat at Chili's with the family. He ordered a hamburger (of course), Marsiol had chicken strips, dad had a chicken fried steak and I also had chicken strips. They gave Omar a chocolate shake for a birthday treat!

I can't believe my son is 8! We had been blessed to celebrate 3 birthdays with him in Mexico. We were able to see his 5, 6, and 7th birthdays. But this was the icing on the cake because we were finally home for his birthday!

2 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Happy Birthday Omar! The cake turned out awesome! Good job Mom! And I love the "special plate" at breakfast time!

Brooke said...

Yea Omar! A birthday at home finally. good choice on the cake and restaurant. Halie would have been in heaven because during December she went through a snowman phase and she wanted santa to bring her a "noman". What two year old wants a snowman?
So fun!