Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Sweet Grandpa

My sweet grandpa (my dad's dad) found out this past week that he has Renal cancer. His options are treatment to prolong life for possibly two years or no treatment for a month or two more of life here on Earth. My grandma and grandpa have talked about starting treatment a week from this Tuesday.

As my parents told me the information, I started to realize that my grandparents have gotten older over the years. I tend to think of my family as frozen in time, no one gets older especially parents and grandparents. I started reflecting on past years realizing that I have been so wrapped up in our adoption that I have let other things fall by the wayside. I am starting to get the guilty, "what could I have done more" feeling.

I love my grandpa so much and am having to realize he might not be here much longer. I so want him to know my kids when we finally bring them home. I thought we would have all this time after they were home to visit with my grandparents. Life sure does throw curve balls when you least expect it.

I wonder how my grandma is handling the news. They are always together, best friends, eternal sweet hearts. I can't imagine her life with out his. My heart cries for them, but rejoices to know they are sealed together for eternity! I love my grandpa so much and pray for his treatment to work in the least intrusive way possible.

Here's to you Grandpa! I love you and am praying for you and Grandma! I love you with all my heart!

4 comments:

B and J said...

Our prayers are with you and your family, and especially your Grandpa. I hope things work out so that he can meet you kids and they can know what an amazing person he is.

Emma Dutson said...

What a wonderful Girl you are Brynn
And Wonderful Parents and for sure,
your Grandparents are special too. I too, hope his Treatment will be easy so Grandpa will be with all of you much longer, expecially for him to enjoy Marisol and Omar! Please relax and feel the love of your Family, expecially your Grandpa!

Anna Dutson said...

Oh how sad. Hope the treatment goes as well as it can. We love you!

nate_clarlaw said...

Oh Brynn, I love you and I'm sorry. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!