I have a ton to post! Here is a list of posts I will be making in the next couple of days: WICKED, our recent Mexico trip, Eric's graduation, Tuesday traditions and Tori.
To start with, I will be venting frustration on "The Swine Flu".
So at 5:30pm today, my principal calls from school asking if I was still in Mexico. I reassured her I was home and took the day off for Eric's Master Graduation. She remembered but still sounded stressed. She proceeded to read me a letter sent by Superintendent Norton to all schools in the district. In the letter it stated ANYONE out for flu like symptoms are to stay home from school for 5 consecutive school days. Also anyone traveling to Mexico (anywhere which I will get into more later) are to stay home for 5 consecutive school days for incubation purposes. I reassured her I was in Mexico only 3 hours and was nowhere near the outbreak in Mexico City. See I was in Tijuana at the court house testifying for a friend adopting. We were in and out. Tijuana is very far from Mexico City where the outbreak came from. Mexico City is the distance like San Diego to Chicago, no where near! Needless to say I am home on Monday and have to call in "sick". I am to call Superintendent Norton and explain my case and get clearance to come back to school and do my job! Dumb, dumb, dumb. Not only have I already been gone from my class for 2 days, it's almost testing time, but I might be "sick" for 5 days. I can't stand the over exaggeration about this "outbreak". Honestly, I feel so frustrated. Well, here's to another day off and hopefully convincing Superintendent Norton I am just fine and need to be back with my students!
6 comments:
Good luck getting back! I agree, this whole swine flu thing is being blown way out of proportion!
I have been thinking about you! If you have to be out let me know I have some great books. The staff was really worried about you after the note was read to the faculty on Friday. Give me a call!
I'm with you, it sounds a little over exaggerated to me too! Hope they let you back to school - what a stressful time to have to be gone! Let us know what happens!
Was happy to with you 2 for the lovely 'Potato' luncheon in Eric's Honor! Special Guy you have-:) He and I used to play Checkers when he
was just beginning school! Ask him!
And to see your Great Parents again
and Brooke and her two sweet girls.
I understand your frustration of the 'flu'. Its all Political. I'm waiting with you for the happy day of bringing home Marisol & Omar.
LAME-O!!!! We had such a great time tonight and are so lucky and grateful for your friendship.
Mischa has been counting down the days for you to return to school and she is going to be very disappointed that you aren't there today!! They are really over-reacting on this. I am sorry!!! Hopefully you will get to return soon...
Post a Comment