Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Long Awaited Update

Mexico was wonderful! We had a great trip and the kids were adorable. I can't believe How much they have grown. Marisol's bangs are being grown out, and she looks so much older. Omar is losing his budda-belly and little man boobs-Hey, I'm his mom, I'm allowed to say things like that! When we dropped them off this time, there were NO tears. It was amazing. Eric and I always dread dropping them off. We have yucky stomachs all morning and broken hearts. But this time, we made cookies for the other kids at the orphanage for Marisol and Omar to take back with them and they had fun sticker pictures to share with the workers. The kids were so excited to share the cookies and show off their pictures that they okay when we dropped them off. Eric and I were relieved but then kind-of bewildered that there were no tears when we said our good-byes. I think they are understanding that when we leave, we come back and we will see them soon. Well, Eric posted all the travel logs and journals we kept and on his blog-so jump on his blog if you want all the stories and such (I have him linked). Now for my favorite part, PICTURES! Enjoy:)

















10 comments:

Victoria said...

I love all the pictures!!! Thanks for the update!

Now we want to know how the new school year is going. :)

Hulberts said...

Those sure are some adorable kids! I'm always thinking about you guys so thanks for the update.

m@R(! said...

i always get so excited when you get back from the trips and post your pictures..i love them! your kids always seem to happy and fun!

Stephanie said...

I love their little smiles. They put a smile on my face.

I'm so glad that you had a good trip.

Melissa & Malie said...

I'm glad it was a great trip! I love the picture of Marisol standing there with the braids in her hair with the sparkler and the one of Omar above it. I've been waiting for an update, glad you're back!

Chambers Clan said...

I'm so glad you had a fun trip. That would be hard to face the tears at the end! I was thinking of you the other day when I found out my friend just adopted two kids out of the blue. She had a friend of a friend thing happen and ended up with a 4 and 6 year old girl and boy. That was 3 weeks ago and two weeks after that the kids are living in their house! What amazes her is that the parents completely signed their rights away. They just decided they didn't want to be parents anymore...That boggles my mind! How can there be people out there with children and they don't want them, while people like you and this other good woman who desperately want them?? I guess it works out, but I'm still amazed at the paperwork and waiting you have to go through, when your kids are willing and you are ready. Maybe the waiting makes them more precious?? I hope for your sakes though that it will go fast now! I sure admire your faith! Good luck with it all. They are darling and I know you both will be such wonderful parents!

Andrea said...

Wow what beautiful kids!! I love hearing about the time you spend with them. They are so blessed to have you and I am sure you feel the same. Thinking about you guys makes me want to cry, I am sure it is so frustrating, but you are taking it in good stride. I know that you will get to bring them home soon, good luck!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I'm so glad you were able to go visit your kiddos and have some family bonding time! Looks like you had fun! Love you guys!

Nells-Bells said...

So glad you had a great trip! They are just the cutest kids. How lucky and blessed you are!!

Brooke said...

Love all the pictures!! Cute cute kids and can't wait for Karlee to have some more cousins!