Monthly Themes

July: The Middle of Summer Already?

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kids Room




My sister and brother in-law were so kind to help us out! My aunt had a trundle bed that was not being used and so she offered it to us for the kids room. My other aunt and mom got it to my parent's house and we needed to somehow get it to our house. So Drue offered his truck to help. I told him I would pay him in Mountain Dew and Swedish Fish. It was a DEAL! We got it upstairs and Eric started putting it together. We noticed a couple of missing and broken pieces, so we headed to Home Depot. When we got their we found a couple of pieces and then we had a problem finding another piece. Eric asked a worker for help and he said, "No you can't buy those here. I have never seen a piece like that before." He was really not helpful and put-off that we even asked. So I suggested Lowes. We went in and asked for help. A very helpful person man came and really helped us with our problem. He looked, he thought of other ways to make the piece we were missing and then finally as we were about to leave, he saw it-the closest thing to what we needed! Yea! Thank you nice guy at Lowes! We will be proud customers of Lowes from now on.

10 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

What a cute room! I'm sure they will absolutely LOVE it! Don't you hate unhelpful workers...Heaven forbid they actually do their job! We like Lowes better too! :)

Stephanie said...

How fun! Now the kids just need to be there sleeping in the bed to make it perfect. Seriously, if we can ever help in any way, let us know.

Since becoming home owners, we definitely like the Lowe's better than the Home Depot. Yay, nice people.

B and J said...

Way cute room for your kiddo's, hopefully they will be there soon to enjoy it!
We are big fans of Lowe's, they have the best employee's and most always have what we need!

Victoria said...

The beds turned out great! The kids are going to LOVE it! It's all coming together.

Anna Dutson said...

Wow! Cute room! Have fun in Mexico!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Looks great you guys! How exciting,it's all starting to come together!

the Kates said...

How fun! I hope you have a blast in Mexico being with your darling kids! Let us know if you need anything, at all. We will play when you get back. Pay day- anyone? I am sure Eric will be all over that one.

Chambers Clan said...

How fun. I love the letters! My mom loved your weather class. Are you glad it's over? I hope you have a great time in Mexico.

Melissa & Malie said...

I love the room, it's so cute!

Brooke said...

Looks good - with enough room to spare:)